We are grateful to Barry Bosworth, Hideki Hayashi, Takako Fujiwara-Greve, Teh-Ming Huo, Insang Hwang, Shinsuke Ikeda, Junichiro Ishida, Miki Kohara, Justin Yifu Lin, Ronald I. McKinnon, Kazuo Ogawa, Hugh Patrick, Masaya Sakuragawa, Shizuka Sekita, Katsuya Takii, Midori Wakabayashi, Xiaoping Wang, Calla Weimer, Tongsheng Xu, Zhihao Yu, Yaohui Zhao, and especially Christopher Carroll, Galina Hale, Aart Kraay, Louis Kuijs, Colin McKenzie, Masao Ogaki, and Etsuro Shioji, and participants of the Seoul Conference on “China and Emerging Asia: Reorganizing the Global Economy,” the Seattle Conference of the Asia-Pacific Economic Association, the Summer Institute of the National Bureau of Economic Research, the Annual Pacific Basin Conference of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and the fall meeting of the Japanese Economic Association, seminars at the Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP) of Osaka University, the Asian Public Policy Program of Hitotsubashi University, the China Center for Economic Research of Peking University, the School of Economics of Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics, the Faculty of Economics of Keio University, the Faculty of Economics of Fukuoka University, and the Brookings Institution for their valuable comments, and Horioka is grateful to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of the Japanese Government for Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research number 18330068, which supported this research.
The Determinants of Household Saving in China: A Dynamic Panel Analysis of Provincial Data
Article first published online: 20 NOV 2007
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 39, Issue 8, pages 2077–2096, December 2007
How to Cite
HORIOKA, C. Y. and WAN, J. (2007), The Determinants of Household Saving in China: A Dynamic Panel Analysis of Provincial Data. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 39: 2077–2096. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2007.00099.x
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 20 NOV 2007
- Received November 14, 2006; and accepted in revised form December 20, 2006.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!