We would like to thank Roc Armenter, Lars Svensson, Carl Walsh, Michael Woodford, John Williams, and participants in seminars at Columbia University, Duke University, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the New York Area Workshop on Monetary Policy, the International Monetary Fund, and the National Bureau of Economic Research. This paper was completed before Frederic Mishkin became a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. He is currently on leave from the Graduate School of Business, Columbia University and the National Bureau of Economic Research. Any views expressed in this paper are those of the authors only and not those of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Reserve System, Columbia University, the City University of New York, or the National Bureau of Economic Research.
Inflation Band Targeting and Optimal Inflation Contracts
Article first published online: 15 MAY 2008
© 2008 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 557–582, June 2008
How to Cite
MISHKIN, F. S. and WESTELIUS, N. J. (2008), Inflation Band Targeting and Optimal Inflation Contracts. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 40: 557–582. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2008.00128.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 15 MAY 2008
- Received November 28, 2006; and accepted in revised form August 8, 2007.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!