Earlier versions of this paper were circulated under the title of “Geographic Diversification, Distance, BHC Return and Risk,” and were presented at the Financial Intermediation Research Society conference on Banking, Corporate Finance and Intermediation, in Shanghai, China, June 2006; the Financial Management Association Meeting of 2005 in Chicago, Villanova University; and Bank of Israel Seminar Series. We would like to thank all the seminar participants. Thanks are also due to Robert DeYoung, Michael Lizzul, Iqbal Mansur, Connie Mao, Mike Pagano, David Reeb, James Spence, two anonymous referees, and, particularly, Deborah Lucas, the editor of the JMCB for their insightful comments and suggestions, which have considerably improved the quality of the paper. Any remaining errors are ours.
Geographic Diversification, Bank Holding Company Value, and Risk
Article first published online: 12 AUG 2008
© 2008 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 40, Issue 6, pages 1217–1238, September 2008
How to Cite
DENG, S. and ELYASIANI, E. (2008), Geographic Diversification, Bank Holding Company Value, and Risk. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 40: 1217–1238. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2008.00154.x
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2008
- Article first published online: 12 AUG 2008
- Received December 5, 2005; and accepted in revised form January 18, 2008.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!