We thank Pok-Sang Lam (the editor) and two anonymous referees for comments that improved the paper. We also thank Maria Carkovic, Stijn Claessens, Bill Easterly, Alan Gelb, Krishna Kumar, Michael Lemmon, Karl Lins, Alan Winters, and seminar participants at the World Bank, University of Minnesota, New York University, University of North Carolina, the University of Stockholm, Tufts University, and the University of Utah for helpful comments on earlier drafts of the paper, and Ying Lin for excellent research assistance. We also thank Lori Bowan at the U.S. Census Bureau for help with the U.S. Economic Census data on firm size distribution. This paper was partly written while the third author was at the World Bank. This paper's findings, interpretations, and conclusions are entirely those of the authors and do not represent the views of the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, their Executive Directors, or the countries they represent.
Finance, Firm Size, and Growth
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2008
© 2008 International Monetary Fund with Exclusive License to Print by The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 40, Issue 7, pages 1379–1405, October 2008
How to Cite
BECK, T., DEMIRGUC-KUNT, A., LAEVEN, L. and LEVINE, R. (2008), Finance, Firm Size, and Growth. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 40: 1379–1405. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2008.00164.x
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2008
- Received October 26, 2006; and accepted in revised form February 19, 2008.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!