We gratefully acknowledge support from the National Science Foundation. Part of this research was funded by National Institute of Aging Grants P01-AG10179 and 5 P01 AG026571-03. Our research assistant, Thomas Bishop, caught many small errors and made excellent suggestions for tightening up the text. We thank an anonymous referee for useful comments and suggestions.
Precautionary Saving and Consumption Smoothing across Time and Possibilities
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
© 2009 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 2-3, pages 245–284, March-April 2009
How to Cite
KIMBALL, M. and WEIL, P. (2009), Precautionary Saving and Consumption Smoothing across Time and Possibilities. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 245–284. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00205.x
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
- Received June 7, 2005; and accepted in revised form July 25, 2008.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!