We thank Santiago Carbó Valverde, David Humphrey, Deborah Lucas (the editor), Mitchell Petersen, Richard Porter, and two anonymous referees for comments and suggestions. Erin Davis, Tiffany Gates, Victor Lubasi, Tim McHugh, Sue Parren, and Stan Rabinovich provided excellent research assistance. The views expressed are those of the authors and do not represent those of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago or the Federal Reserve System.
Whither Loose Change? The Diminishing Demand for Small-Denomination Currency
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
© 2009 Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago with Exclusive License to Print by The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 2-3, pages 315–335, March-April 2009
How to Cite
AMROMIN, G. and CHAKRAVORTI, S. (2009), Whither Loose Change? The Diminishing Demand for Small-Denomination Currency. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 315–335. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00207.x
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
- Received November 21, 2007; and accepted in revised form August 6, 2008.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!