I thank the anonymous referees, Russell Cooper, Jacob Gyntelberg, Tom Humphrey, Jim Kahn, Nobu Kiyotaki, Todd Keister, David Laidler, Cyril Monnet, Joao Santos, Stacey Schreft, Gordon Sellon, Warren Weber, Steve Williamson, as well as seminar participants at various central banks, universities, and conferences for useful comments. I thank Matthew Cardillo for excellent research assistance. All remaining errors are mine. The views expressed here are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York or the Federal Reserve System.
Reconciling Bagehot and the Fed's Response to September 11
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
© 2009 Federal Reserve Bank of New York with Exclusive License to Print by The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 2-3, pages 397–415, March-April 2009
How to Cite
MARTIN, A. (2009), Reconciling Bagehot and the Fed's Response to September 11. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 397–415. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00210.x
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
- Received November 30, 2007; and accepted in revised form July 31, 2008.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!