Helpful comments were received from Andy Rose, Ken West, and three anonymous referees. We thank Andy Atkeson, David Backus, and Warren Weber for providing us with the data. Christopher Candelaria provided excellent research assistance. The views expressed in this paper are our own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors or the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
Moderate Inflation and the Deflation–Depression Link
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2009
© 2009 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 4, pages 787–798, June 2009
How to Cite
BENHABIB, J. and SPIEGEL, M. M. (2009), Moderate Inflation and the Deflation–Depression Link. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 787–798. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00232.x
- Issue online: 13 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2009
- Received May 1, 2007; and accepted in revised form March 23, 2008.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!