We would like to thank the editor, Deborah Lucas, and two anonymous referees for suggestions that significantly improved the paper. We also would like to thank Hans Degryse, Tetsuro Furuta, Akiyoshi Horiuchi, Colin McKenzie, Shinji Mizukami, Hideaki Murase, Zeno Rotondi, Yutaka Soejima, Kotaro Tsuru, and Noboru Yamada, as well as seminar participants at Chuo University, Hitotsubashi University, the Japanese Economic Association, the Japan Society of Monetary Economics, Keio University, the Research Institute of Capital Formation of the Development Bank of Japan, the Shinkin Central Bank Research Institute, the Research Institute of Economy, Trade, and Industry (RIETI) Policy Symposium, the University of Ancona, Warwick Business School, and especially the members of the Corporate Finance Study Group at RIETI for many helpful comments. The views expressed in this paper are ours and do not necessarily reflect those of the institutions with which we are affiliated.
Role of Collateral and Personal Guarantees in Relationship Lending: Evidence from Japan's SME Loan Market
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2009
© 2009 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 5, pages 935–960, August 2009
How to Cite
ONO, A. and UESUGI, I. (2009), Role of Collateral and Personal Guarantees in Relationship Lending: Evidence from Japan's SME Loan Market. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 935–960. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00239.x
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2009
- Received March 2, 2006; and accepted in revised form December 1, 2008.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!