We are grateful to Shawn Sprague at the Bureau of Labor Statistics for providing the raw series used in the BLS hours index. We thank Mark Gertler, Clive Granger, James Hamilton, Mark Watson, seminar participants at the New York Federal Reserve, and two anonymous referees for their helpful comments. Chris Nekarda provided outstanding research assistance. Valerie Ramey gratefully acknowledges financial support from National Science Foundation grant SES-0617219 through the NBER.
Measures of per Capita Hours and Their Implications for the Technology-Hours Debate
Version of Record online: 10 AUG 2009
© 2009 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 6, pages 1071–1097, September 2009
How to Cite
FRANCIS, N. and RAMEY, V. A. (2009), Measures of per Capita Hours and Their Implications for the Technology-Hours Debate. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 1071–1097. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00247.x
- Issue online: 10 AUG 2009
- Version of Record online: 10 AUG 2009
- Received May 22, 2007; and accepted in revised form March 2, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!