We are grateful to Shawn Sprague at the Bureau of Labor Statistics for providing the raw series used in the BLS hours index. We thank Mark Gertler, Clive Granger, James Hamilton, Mark Watson, seminar participants at the New York Federal Reserve, and two anonymous referees for their helpful comments. Chris Nekarda provided outstanding research assistance. Valerie Ramey gratefully acknowledges financial support from National Science Foundation grant SES-0617219 through the NBER.
Measures of per Capita Hours and Their Implications for the Technology-Hours Debate
Article first published online: 10 AUG 2009
© 2009 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 6, pages 1071–1097, September 2009
How to Cite
FRANCIS, N. and RAMEY, V. A. (2009), Measures of per Capita Hours and Their Implications for the Technology-Hours Debate. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 1071–1097. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00247.x
- Issue published online: 10 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 10 AUG 2009
- Received May 22, 2007; and accepted in revised form March 2, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!