I am grateful to Enrique Mendoza, Guillermo Calvo, and John Rust for their support and suggestions. This paper has benefited from the comments of Süleyman Başak, Ceyhun Bora Durdu, Kenneth Judd, Carol Osler, John Shea, Carlos Vegh, Laura Veldkamp, and the participants of 2005 Society for Economic Dynamics Meetings in Budapest, 2006 North American Winter Meetings of the Econometric Society in Boston, and IMF Institute Lunch Seminar. All errors are my own.
Can Miracles Lead to Crises? The Role of Optimism in Emerging Markets Crises
Article first published online: 10 AUG 2009
© 2009 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 6, pages 1189–1215, September 2009
How to Cite
BOZ, E. (2009), Can Miracles Lead to Crises? The Role of Optimism in Emerging Markets Crises. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 1189–1215. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00252.x
- Issue published online: 10 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 10 AUG 2009
- Received February 22, 2008; and accepted in revised form February 13, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!