The Elastic Provision of Liquidity by Private Agents
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2009
© 2009 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 41, Issue 7, pages 1423–1451, October 2009
How to Cite
SAUNDERS, D. (2009), The Elastic Provision of Liquidity by Private Agents. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 41: 1423–1451. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00262.x
Important work on macroeconomic implications of agency frictions includes that by Bernanke and Gertler (1989), , and .
I have benefited enormously from the help and support of Andres Almazan, Dean Corbae, Scott Freeman, and Bruce Smith. The comments of Deborah Lucas, an anonymous referee, and Jack Barron have helped me to improve the paper substantially. Thanks are due also to seminar participants at Purdue University, the University of Texas Departments of Economics and Finance, and the 2003 Midwest Macroeconomics Conference. All errors are my own. This essay was previously circulated under the title “Endogenous Liquidity Provision.”
- Issue published online: 15 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2009
- Received September 14, 2006; and accepted in revised form February 24, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!