Financial support from the European Commission DG Research in cooperation with DG ECFIN and DG ESTAT (Contract No. SCS8-CT-2004-502642) is gratefully acknowledged. We thank Jörg Döpke, Deborah Lucas, Steven Ongena, Christian Pierdzioch, Andreas Worms, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at the first research meeting and the first conference of the FINPROP consortium, at the Global Finance Conference 2005, and at the Universities of Munich and Innsbruck for helpful comments. Roberto Colavecchio and Laura Krische have provided most efficient research assistance. All remaining errors and inaccuracies are solely our own responsibility. A first version of this paper was written while Kai Carstensen and Andrea Schertler were affiliated with the Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
Macroeconomic Shocks and Banks' Foreign Assets
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2009
© 2010 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 171–188, February 2010
How to Cite
BUCH, C. M., CARSTENSEN, K. and SCHERTLER, A. (2010), Macroeconomic Shocks and Banks' Foreign Assets. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 42: 171–188. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00283.x
- Issue published online: 28 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2009
- Received April 24, 2006; and accepted in revised form June 18, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!