Our thanks go to seminar participants at the Bank of England, the Bank of Japan, Birkbeck College, the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, the Liberal Arts Macro Workshop, the NBER, Oberlin College, the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, and the Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung; and to Barbara Craig, Simon Gilchrist, Pavel Kapinos, Peter Pedroni, and two anonymous referees for constructive suggestions. Dimitar Vlahov provided research assistance, and we are also grateful to Marta Abreu, Geoffrey Barrows, Özer Karagedikli, and Tarja Yrjola for their assistance with the data.
Do Markets Care Who Chairs the Central Bank?
Version of Record online: 22 MAR 2010
© 2010 The Ohio State University Peterson Institute for International Economics
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 42, Issue 2-3, pages 347–371, March - April 2010
How to Cite
KUTTNER, K. N. and POSEN, A. S. (2010), Do Markets Care Who Chairs the Central Bank?. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 42: 347–371. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2009.00290.x
- Issue online: 22 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 MAR 2010
- Received June 25, 2008; and accepted in revised form September 22, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!