Devereux thanks SSHRC, the Royal Bank, and the Bank of Canada for financial support. Xu thanks SSHRC and the SFU PRG grants for financial support. This research was also undertaken as part of University of British Columbia's TARGET research network. All authors thank TARGET for financial support. The authors thank two anonymous referees, Angela Redish, and seminar participants at UBC, the 2006 Annual Conference of the Canadian Economics Association, and 2009 Tsinghua Macro Workshop for helpful comments and suggestions. The views in this paper are those of the authors alone and not those of the Bank of Canada.
Oil Currency and the Dollar Standard: A Simple Analytical Model of an International Trade Currency
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2010
© 2010 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 42, Issue 4, pages 521–550, June 2010
How to Cite
DEVEREUX, M. B., SHI, K. and XU, J. (2010), Oil Currency and the Dollar Standard: A Simple Analytical Model of an International Trade Currency. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 42: 521–550. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2010.00298.x
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2010
- Received September 16, 2008; and accepted in revised form December 23, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!