The authors thank several colleagues and seminar participants, especially Allan Drazen, an anonymous referee and the editor for many useful comments. Patricia Egner gave excellent editorial advice. The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the Federal Reserve System, the International Monetary Fund, or the World Bank Group.
A Political Agency Theory of Central Bank Independence
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2010
© 2010 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 42, Issue 4, pages 647–677, June 2010
How to Cite
EGGERTSSON, G. B. and LE BORGNE, E. (2010), A Political Agency Theory of Central Bank Independence. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 42: 647–677. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2010.00302.x
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2010
- Received February 18, 2008; and accepted in revised form August 25, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!