We are grateful to Luc Arrondel, Martin Browning, Chris Carroll, Dimitris Christelis, Arie Kapteyn, Arthur Kennickell, Donna Nordquist, Victor Rios Rull, Tullio Jappelli, and especially Deborah Lucas (the editor), James Smith, Nick Souleles, Luis Viceira, and two anonymous referees for very helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank participants in the NBER Summer Institute (Group on Capital Markets), the CAM conference in Copenhagen, and the XIII Conference of the Spanish Finance Association, as well as seminar participants at the ECB, Bundesbank, and the University of Piraeus. This work has been supported in part by the European Community's Human Potential Program under contract HPRN-CT-2002-00235 [AGE], and by the Center for Financial Studies under Research Program “Household Wealth Management.”
Portfolio Inertia and Stock Market Fluctuations
Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2010
© 2010 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 42, Issue 4, pages 715–742, June 2010
How to Cite
BILIAS, Y., GEORGARAKOS, D. and HALIASSOS, M. (2010), Portfolio Inertia and Stock Market Fluctuations. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 42: 715–742. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2010.00304.x
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2010
- Received April 18, 2007; and accepted in revised form October 5, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!