We are grateful to John Aschenbrenner, Martin Grace, Andre Liebenberg, Deborah Lucas (the Editor), Richard Phillips, Puneet Prakash, Husayn Shahrur, James Smallenberger, Therese Vaughan, Anand Vijh, Steven Weisbart, two anonymous referees, and participants at the 2006 American Risk and Insurance Association meetings and the 2007 Financial Management Association meetings for their helpful comments and suggestions. An earlier version of the paper was circulated under the title “Efficiency Changes around US Life Insurer Demutualizations.”
The Demise of the Mutual Organizational Form: An Investigation of the Life Insurance Industry
Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2010
© 2010 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 42, Issue 6, pages 1011–1036, September 2010
How to Cite
ERHEMJAMTS, O. and LEVERTY, J. T. (2010), The Demise of the Mutual Organizational Form: An Investigation of the Life Insurance Industry. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 42: 1011–1036. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2010.00318.x
- Issue online: 19 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2010
- Received September 11, 2007; and accepted in revised form February 9, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!