This paper is the sole responsibility of its authors and the views presented here do not necessarily reflect those of Banco de España. Any errors are the authors. We thank A. Almazán, A. Purnanandam, S. Titman, and R. Townsend, three anonymous referees, and, in particular, Deborah Lucas, for their detailed and useful comments on previous versions of this paper, as well as those of participants at the 2005 Pro-Banker Symposium in Maastricht and at the 2006 European Finance Association meeting in Zurich. We also thank R. Repullo for his careful reading and useful comments of the last version of the paper, as well as R. DeYoung, for his advice and patience, as well as K. Clark and M. Wardlaw for editorial assistance. Vicente Salas acknowledges financial support from project SEJ2007-67895-Co4-o4.
The Effects of Formal and Informal Contracting in Credit Availability
Article first published online: 19 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 109–132, February 2011
How to Cite
JIMÉNEZ, G., SALAS-FUMÁS, V. and SAURINA, J. (2011), The Effects of Formal and Informal Contracting in Credit Availability. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 43: 109–132. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2010.00367.x
- Issue published online: 19 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 19 JAN 2011
- Received March 28, 2007; and accepted in revised form October 1, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!