We are greatly indebted to Bob DeYoung (Editor), and two anonymous referees whose comments helped significantly improve and reshape the paper. We also thank Elu von Thadden, Thomas Hellmann, Manju Puri, Josh Lerner, Lamont Black, Ben Craig, Douglas Cumming, Scott Shane, Tim Dunne, Marco Da Rin, Fabiana Penas, Phil Molyneux, Alexander Popov, Christoph Zott, Riccardo Fini, Enrico Onali, and conference participants at the Financial Intermediation Research Society Meeting, Prague; at the workshop on Entrepreneurial Finance at the Kauffman Foundation, Kansas City; at the Kauffman Foundation and Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland conference on Entrepreneurial Finance; at the 3rd RICAFE2 conference in Amsterdam; at the 11th ECB-CFS conference “The Market for Retail Financial Services: Development, Integration, and Economic Effects” in Prague; at the 2010 Royal Economic Society Conference in Surrey; and seminar participants at the Deutsche Bundesbank for valuable comments and suggestions. Anna Bullock from the Center for Business Research at the University of Cambridge offered helpful insights into the data.
Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Bank Relationship Strength, and the Use of Venture Capital
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 43, Issue 2-3, pages 461–490, March-April 2011
How to Cite
BERGER, A. N. and SCHAECK, K. (2011), Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Bank Relationship Strength, and the Use of Venture Capital. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 43: 461–490. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2010.00381.x
- Issue online: 21 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2011
- Received October 19, 2009; and accepted in revised form September 2, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!