Part of this project was developed during my dissertation internships at the St. Louis Fed and the Federal Reserve Board, whose hospitality I gratefully acknowledge. I am highly indebted to Fabio Ghironi, Matteo Iacoviello, and Peter Ireland for their help and advice. Thanks to seminar participants of the Dissertation Workshop at BC, R@BC, University of Valencia, University of Barcelona, WEAI, and three anonymous referees for useful suggestions. And special thanks to Susanto Basu, Bill Dupor, Simon Gilchrist, Michael Kiley, Andreas Lehnert, Antonio Miralles, Ed Nelson, Galo Nuño, and Michael Palumbo. All errors are mine. This paper was previously circulated under the name “Fixed and Variable-Rate Mortgages and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism.” Usual disclaimer applies.
Fixed- and Variable-Rate Mortgages, Business Cycles, and Monetary Policy
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 657–688, June 2011
How to Cite
RUBIO, M. (2011), Fixed- and Variable-Rate Mortgages, Business Cycles, and Monetary Policy. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 43: 657–688. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2011.00391.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2011
- Received February 23, 2009; and accepted in revised form October 25, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!