The authors gratefully acknowledge helpful comments from two anonymous referees, Alberto Alesina, Robert Barro, John Campbell, Richard Cooper, Vince Crawford, Harris Dellas, Ben Friedman, John Leahy, Greg Mankiw, Pok-sang Lam, Klaus Schmidt, Andrei Shleifer, and seminar participants at Harvard, Gerzensee, MIT, UC Berkeley, and UCSD. Prepared for a conference at Gerzensee Switzerland on the integration of macro-economic and micro-economic perspectives. Laibson acknowledges financial support from the NSF (0527516) and the NIA (R01-AG-021650, R01-AG-1665, P30-AG-012810).
Asset Bubbles and the Cost of Economic Fluctuations
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 43, Issue Supplement s1, pages 233–260, August 2011
How to Cite
CHAUVIN, K., LAIBSON, D. and MOLLERSTROM, J. (2011), Asset Bubbles and the Cost of Economic Fluctuations. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 43: 233–260. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2011.00416.x
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2011
- Received September 1, 2010; and accepted in revised form February 22, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!