We thank Christiane Baumeister for assistance with obtaining some of the data for this project, and thank Michael Bauer, John Cochrane, Gregory Duffee, Gauti Eggertsson, Jeff Hallman, Monika Piazzesi, Eric Swanson, Dimitri Vayanos, Kenneth West, Michael Woodford, anonymous referees, and seminar and conference participants at the University of Chicago, Michigan State University, UCSD, Bank of Canada, ECB, the Federal Reserve Board, and Federal Reserve Banks of Boston, Chicago, New York, and San Francisco for helpful comments on earlier versions of this paper.
The Effectiveness of Alternative Monetary Policy Tools in a Zero Lower Bound Environment
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 44, Issue Supplement s1, pages 3–46, February 2012
How to Cite
HAMILTON, J. D. and WU, J. C. (2012), The Effectiveness of Alternative Monetary Policy Tools in a Zero Lower Bound Environment. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 44: 3–46. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2011.00477.x
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2012
- Received November 8, 2010; and accepted in revised form April 28, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!