We thank Peter Chen and Justin Weidner for excellent research assistance. In addition, we thank Jim Clouse, Bill English, Joe Gagnon, David Lopez-Salido, Ed Nelson, Athanasios Orphanides, Chris Sims, Lars Svensson, Andrea Tambalotti, David Wilcox, two anonymous referees, and participants at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's 55th Economic Conference on “Revisiting Monetary Policy in a Low Inflation Environment” and other conferences for helpful suggestions. The opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect views of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, or anyone else in the Federal Reserve System.
Have We Underestimated the Likelihood and Severity of Zero Lower Bound Events?
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 44, Issue Supplement s1, pages 47–82, February 2012
How to Cite
CHUNG, H., LAFORTE, J.-P., REIFSCHNEIDER, D. and WILLIAMS, J. C. (2012), Have We Underestimated the Likelihood and Severity of Zero Lower Bound Events?. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 44: 47–82. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2011.00478.x
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2012
- Received January 20, 2011; and accepted in revised form June 30, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!