The authors thank Philipp Hartmann, Larry Wall, audiences at the European Central Bank and Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, the editor, and two referees for helpful comments and the Fundación de las Cajas de Ahorros (Funcas) for supporting this research. Santiago Carbó and Francisco Rodriguez acknowledge financial support from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation and FEDER (ECO2008-05243/ECON) and from the Consejería de Innovación, Ciencia y Empresa- Junta de Andalucía (P08-SEJ-03781).
Regulatory Arbitrage in Cross-Border Banking Mergers within the EU
Version of Record online: 28 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 44, Issue 8, pages 1609–1629, December 2012
How to Cite
CARBO-VALVERDE, S., KANE, E. J. and RODRIGUEZ-FERNANDEZ, F. (2012), Regulatory Arbitrage in Cross-Border Banking Mergers within the EU. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 44: 1609–1629. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2012.00546.x
- Issue online: 28 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 28 NOV 2012
- Received October 7, 2009; and accepted in revised form December 3, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!