We are indebted to Luis Moreno-Garrido for his contribution to the experimental design. We would also like to thank Coralio Ballester, Lola Collado, Jaromir Kovarik, Juan Carlos Negrete, Giovanni Ponti, and Agnes Pinter for helpful comments and to the editor in charge, Robert DeYoung, whose detailed comments helped us to improve the quality of the manuscript and to shape the exposition. Finally, this paper has benefitted from suggestions provided by participants of the XXXV Simposio Asociación Economía Española (SAEe), the III M-BEES in Maastricht, and the 2011 ESA European Conference in Luxembourg. Financial support from Spanish Ministry of Education and Science (SEJ2007-62656) and the Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas (IVIE) is gratefully acknowledged. The authors kindly acknowledge financial support from the MNB (Central Bank of Hungary) and the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation under the projects ECO 2008-00510 (Hubert Janos Kiss) and ECO2010-19830 (Alfonso Rosa-García).
On the Effects of Deposit Insurance and Observability on Bank Runs: An Experimental Study
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 44, Issue 8, pages 1651–1665, December 2012
How to Cite
KISS, H. J., RODRIGUEZ-LARA, I. and ROSA-GARCÍA, A. (2012), On the Effects of Deposit Insurance and Observability on Bank Runs: An Experimental Study. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 44: 1651–1665. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2012.00548.x
- Issue published online: 28 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
- Received August 16, 2010; and accepted in revised form December 7, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!