Dierk Rhynsburger is a geographer working with the Geographic Applications Program of the US. Geological Survey in Washington, D.C.
Analytic Delineation of Thiessen Polygons*
Version of Record online: 3 SEP 2010
1973 The Ohio State University
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 133–144, April 1973
How to Cite
Rhynsburger, D. (1973), Analytic Delineation of Thiessen Polygons. Geographical Analysis, 5: 133–144. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4632.1973.tb01003.x
This paper is a revised portion of the author's unpublished Master's thesis “Analytic Delineation of Thiessen Polygons” (Department of Geography, The University of Michigan, 1972). Thanks are due to Professors Waldo R. Tobler and John D. Nystuen, and to John A. Griffin, for suggestions leading to the algorithm developed here, and to Harry F. Lins, Jr., for drawing the diagrams. Publication has been approved by the director of the United States Geological Survey.
- Issue online: 3 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 3 SEP 2010
- 1The Structure of the Metropolitan Community. University of Michigan Contributions of the Institute for Human Adjustment Social Science Research Project, 1949.
- 2“Towards the Improvement of the Dot Map.” International Yearbook of Cartography, 7 (1967), 157–67.
- 3Geohydrology. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1965.
- 4“A Computer Program for Calculating Lines of Equilibrium between Multiple Centers of Attraction.” Center for Regional Studies, University of Kansas, Lawrence, no date.
- 5Analysis. Vol 1. New York: Blaisdell Publishing Co., 1964.
- 6“Rational Study of Rainfall Data Makes Possible Better Estimates of Water Yield….” Engineering News-Record (1917), pp. 211–13.
- 7“A Method for Transforming Geographic Data.” Proceedings, Association of American Geographers, 4 (1972).and .
- 8Elements of Applied Hydrology. New York: Ronald Press, 1949.and .
- 10Hydrology: The Fundamental Basis of Hydraulic Engineering. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1950.
- 11“A Computer System for the Generation of Thiessen Polygon Descriptions.” Master's thesis, Oklahoma State University, 1971.
- 12“Urban Places in Uruguay and the Concept of a Hierarchy.” Festschrift: Clarence F. Jones. Northwestern University Studies in Geography, No. 6, 1962, pp. 29–46.
- 14Selected Computer Programs. A Michigan Geography Publication, 1970.
- 16Hydrology. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; London: Chapman & Hall, Ltd. 1949.and .