Association between asymptomatic deep vein thrombosis detected by venography and symptomatic venous thromboembolism in patients undergoing elective hip or knee surgery
Version of Record online: 7 APR 2007
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Volume 5, Issue 7, pages 1438–1443, July 2007
How to Cite
QUINLAN, D. J., EIKELBOOM, J. W., DAHL, O. E., ERIKSSON, B. I., SIDHU, P. S. and HIRSH, J. (2007), Association between asymptomatic deep vein thrombosis detected by venography and symptomatic venous thromboembolism in patients undergoing elective hip or knee surgery. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 5: 1438–1443. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-7836.2007.02571.x
- Issue online: 7 APR 2007
- Version of Record online: 7 APR 2007
- Received 22 January 2007, accepted 26 March 2007
- 2Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products. Points to consider on Clinical Investigation of medicinal products for prophylaxis of intra- and post-operative venous thromboembolic risk. CPMP/EWP/707/98. editor. London: The European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products, 2000.
- 5The direct thrombin inhibitor melagatran followed by oral ximelagatran compared with enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip or knee replacement: the EXPRESS study. J Thromb Haemost 2003; 1: 2490–6., , , , , , , , , , .
- 6A new oral direct thrombin inhibitor, dabigatran etexilate, compared with enoxaparin for prevention of thromboembolic events following total hip or knee replacement: the BISTRO II randomized trial. J Thromb Haemost 2005; 3: 103–11., , , , , , , , , , .
- 8Prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip replacement with once-daily BAY 59-7939 – an oral, direct Factor Xa inhibitor [abstract]. Blood 2005; 106: A280., , , , , , , , .
- 9YM150, an oral direct Factor Xa inhibitor, as prophylaxis for venous thromboembolism in patients with elective primary hip replacement surgery. A dose escalation study [abstract]. Blood 2005; 106: A1865., , , , , , .
- 17Comparison of ximelagatran, an oral direct thrombin inhibitor, with enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism following total hip replacement. A randomized, double-blind study. J Thromb Haemost 2003; 1: 2119–30., , , , , , , , , .
- 20Statistical Methods in Epidemiology. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications LTP, 1987., .
- 22Analysing and presenting results. In: HigginsJPT, GreenS, eds. Cochrane Handbook for Systemic Reviews of Interventions 4.2.6 (updated September 2006). Section 8. http://www.cochrane.org/resources/handbook/hbook.htm (accessed 16 April 2007)., , .
- 30Prevention of thromboembolism with use of recombinant hirudin. Results of a double-blind, multicenter trial comparing the efficacy of desirudin (Revasc) with that of unfractionated heparin in patients having a total hip replacement. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1997; 79: 326–33., , , , , , , .