The greater in vivo antiplatelet effects of prasugrel as compared to clopidogrel reflect more efficient generation of its active metabolite with similar antiplatelet activity to that of clopidogrel’s active metabolite
Article first published online: 19 APR 2007
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Volume 5, Issue 7, pages 1545–1551, July 2007
How to Cite
SUGIDACHI, A., OGAWA, T., KURIHARA, A., HAGIHARA, K., JAKUBOWSKI, J.A., HASHIMOTO, M., NIITSU, Y. and ASAI, F. (2007), The greater in vivo antiplatelet effects of prasugrel as compared to clopidogrel reflect more efficient generation of its active metabolite with similar antiplatelet activity to that of clopidogrel’s active metabolite. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 5: 1545–1551. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-7836.2007.02598.x
- Issue published online: 19 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 19 APR 2007
- Received 9 March 2007, accepted 4 April 2007
Vol. 5, Issue 9, 1995, Article first published online: 17 AUG 2007
- 5Double-blind study of the safety of clopidogrel with and without a loading dose in combination with aspirin compared with ticlopidine in combination with aspirin after coronary stenting: the clopidogrel aspirin stent international cooperative study (CLASSICS). Circulation 2000; 102: 624–9., , , .
- 16Randomized comparison of prasugrel (CS-747, LY640315), a novel thienopyridine P2Y12 antagonist, with clopidogrel in percutaneous coronary intervention: results of the Joint Utilization of Medications to Block Platelets Optimally (JUMBO)-TIMI 26 trial. Circulation 2005; 111: 3366–73., , , , , , , , , , .
- 17TRITON-TIMI 38 Investigators. Evaluation of prasugrel compared with clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes: design and rationale for the TRial to assess Improvement in Therapeutic Outcomes by optimizing platelet InhibitioN with prasugrel Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction 38 (TRITON-TIMI 38). Am Heart J 2006; 152: 627–35., , , , , , , , , .
- 22Stabilization of the Clopidogrel Active Metabolite in Whole Blood and Its Assay in Human Plasma by LC-MS/MS. Seattle: American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2006(Abstract)., , , , , , .
- 26Prasugrel (CS-747, LY640315), A Novel Thienopyridine Antiplatelet Agent, More Efficiently Generates Active Metabolite Compared to Clopidogrel. 13th ISSX Meeting. Hawaii, 2005(abstract)., , , , .
- 27In Vitro Metabolism of Antiplatelet Agent Clopidogrel: Cytochrome P450 Isoforms Responsible for Two Oxidation Steps Involved in the Active Metabolite Formation. 13th ISSX Meeting. Hawaii, 2005(abstract) ., , , , , .