Presented in part at the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology, 9–12 December, 2006, Orlando, Florida (abstract 917) and at the XXI International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis Congress, 6–12 July 2007, Geneva, Switzerland (abstract no. P-W-656).
Apixaban, an oral, direct and highly selective factor Xa inhibitor: in vitro, antithrombotic and antihemostatic studies
Article first published online: 26 FEB 2008
© 2008 International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Volume 6, Issue 5, pages 820–829, May 2008
How to Cite
WONG, P. C., CRAIN, E. J., XIN, B., WEXLER, R. R., LAM, P. Y. S., PINTO, D. J., LUETTGEN, J. M. and KNABB, R. M. (2008), Apixaban, an oral, direct and highly selective factor Xa inhibitor: in vitro, antithrombotic and antihemostatic studies. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 6: 820–829. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-7836.2008.02939.x
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 26 FEB 2008
- Received 31 October 2007, accepted 15 February 2008
- 7Discovery of 1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-7-oxo-6-(4-(2-oxopiperidin-1-yl)phenyl)-4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-1H-pyrazolo[3,4-c]pyridine-3-carboxamide (apixaban, BMS-562247), a highly potent, selective, efficacious, and orally bioavailable inhibitor of blood coagulation factor Xa . J Med Chem 2007 ; 50 : 5339 – 56 ., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 9Apixaban, an oral direct, factor Xa inhibitor: single-dose safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in healthy subjects . J Thromb Haemost 2007 ; 5 Suppl. 2 : PM665 ., , , , .
- 11A dose finding study of the oral direct factor Xa inhibitor Apixaban in the treatment of patients with acute symptomatic deep-vein thrombosis – on behalf of the Botticelli investigators . J Thromb Haemost 2007 ; 5 Suppl. 2 : OS003 ..
- 19Inhibition of measured thrombin generation in human plasma by apixaban: a predictive mathematical model based on experimentally determined rate constants . J Thromb Haemost 2007 ; 5 ( Suppl. 2 ): PT633 ., , , , , .
- 23Antithrombotic properties of DU-176b, a novel, potent and orally active direct factor Xa inhibitor in rat models of arterial and venous thrombosis: comparison with fondaparinux, an antithrombin dependent factor Xa inhibitor . Blood 2004 ; 104 : 11 ( Abstract# 1852 )., , , , , .