Platelet size distinguishes between inherited macrothrombocytopenias and immune thrombocytopenia
Article first published online: 9 SEP 2009
© 2009 International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Volume 7, Issue 12, pages 2131–2136, December 2009
How to Cite
NORIS, P., KLERSY, C., ZECCA, M., ARCAINI, L., PECCI, A., MELAZZINI, F., TERULLA, V., BOZZI, V., AMBAGLIO, C., PASSAMONTI, F., LOCATELLI, F. and BALDUINI, C. L. (2009), Platelet size distinguishes between inherited macrothrombocytopenias and immune thrombocytopenia. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 7: 2131–2136. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-7836.2009.03614.x
- Issue published online: 23 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 9 SEP 2009
- Received 29 June 2009, accepted 25 August 2009
- 1Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: a practice guideline developed by explicit methods for the American Society of Hematology. Blood 1996; 88: 3–40.., , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2British Committee for Standards in Haematology General Haematology Task Force. Guidelines for the investigation and management of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults, children and in pregnancy. Br J Haematol 2003; 120: 574–96.
- 3MYH9-related disease: May–Hegglin anomaly, Sebastian syndrome, Fechtner syndrome, and Epstein syndrome are not distinct entities but represent a variable expression of a single illness. Medicine (Baltimore) 2003; 82: 203–15., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 4Misdiagnosis of chronic thrombocytopenia in childhood. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2003; 25: 548–52., , , , , , .
- 5Identification of inherited macrothrombocytopenias based on mean platelet volume among patients diagnosed with idiopathic thrombocytopenia. Thromb Res 2007; 119: 741–6., , , , , , , , , , .
- 6Application of a diagnostic algorithm for inherited thrombocytopenias to 46 consecutive patients. Haematologica 2004; 89: 1219–25., , , , , , , , , .
- 7Quantification of platelet-associated IgG for differential diagnosis of patients with thrombocytopenia. Thromb Haemost 2000; 84: 779–83., , , , .
- 8Attempt to improve the diagnosis of immune thrombocytopenia by combined use of two different platelet autoantibody assays (PAIgG and MACE). Haematologica 2002; 87: 1046–52., , , , , .
- 9Diagnosis of immune thrombocytopenic purpura in children. Curr Opin Hematol 2007; 14: 520–5., .
- 10on behalf of the Italian Gruppo di Studio delle Piastrine. Inherited thrombocytopenias: a proposed algorithm from the Italian Gruppo di Studio delle Piastrine. Haematologica 2003; 88: 582–92., , , , , ,
- 11Autosomal dominant macrothrombocytopenia in Italy is most frequently a type of heterozygous Bernard–Soulier syndrome. Blood 2001; 97: 1330–5., , , , , , , , .
- 12Recommended methods for the visual determination of white cell and platelet counts. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/1988/WHO_LAB_88.3.pdf; Accessed 1 October 2009., , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 13Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement. Lancet 1986; 1: 307–10., .
- 14Inherited thrombocytopenias. Haematologica 2007; 92: 1158–64., .