Presented as an oral abstract at the XXII Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Tuesday 14 July 2009.
Prospective multicenter assessment of interobserver agreement for radiologist interpretation of multidetector computerized tomographic angiography for pulmonary embolism
Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2009
© 2009 International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 533–539, March 2010
How to Cite
COURTNEY, D. M., MILLER, C., SMITHLINE, H., KLEKOWSKI, N., HOGG, M. and KLINE, J. A. (2010), Prospective multicenter assessment of interobserver agreement for radiologist interpretation of multidetector computerized tomographic angiography for pulmonary embolism. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 8: 533–539. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-7836.2009.03724.x
- Issue online: 11 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2009
- Received 1 September 2009, accepted 26 November 2009
- 1National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2004 emergency department summary. Advance Data 2006; 372: 1–29., .
- 2Prospective multicenter evaluation of the pulmonary embolism rule-out criteria. J Thromb Haemost 2008; 6: 772–80., , , , , , , , .
- 3The PIOPED Investigators. Value of the ventilation/perfusion scan in acute pulmonary embolism. Results of the prospective investigation of pulmonary embolism diagnosis (PIOPED). JAMA 1990; 263: 2753–9.
- 4Computed tomographic pulmonary angiography vs ventilation–perfusion lung scanning in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2007; 298: 2743–53., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 5for the PIOPED II Investigators. Multidetector computed tomography for acute pulmonary embolism. N Engl J Med 2006; 354: 2317–27., , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 6Clinical validity of a negative computed tomography scan in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism: a systematic review. JAMA 2005; 293: 2012–17., , , , , , .
- 7Comparison of interpretations of CT angiograms in the evaluation of suspected pulmonary embolism by on-call radiology fellows and subsequently by radiology faculty. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2004; 182: 61–6., , .
- 8CT pulmonary angiography for the detection of pulmonary embolism: interobserver agreement between on-call radiology residents and specialists (CTPA interobserver agreement). Clin Imaging 2006; 30: 266–70., , , , .
- 9Contrast-enhanced helical CT for pulmonary embolism detection: inter- and intraobserver agreement among radiologists with variable experience. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1999; 172: 107–12., , , , , , , .
- 10Interobserver agreement in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism with helical CT. Eur J Radiol 2000; 34: 136–40., , , .
- 11Pulmonary embolism: optimization of small pulmonary artery visualization at multi-detector row CT. Radiology 2003; 227: 455–60., , .
- 12Severity of acute pulmonary embolism: evaluation of a new spiral CT angiographic score in correlation with echocardiographic data. Eur Radiol 2003; 13: 29–35., , , , , , .
- 13Practical Statistics for Medical Research. London: Chapman & Hall, 1991; 611..
- 14Performance of helical computed tomography in unselected outpatients with suspected pulmonary embolism. Ann Intern Med 2001; 135: 88–97., , , , , , , , .