LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Searching for the role of primary prophylaxis in preventing inhibitor development in hemophilia A
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Volume 10, Issue 9, pages 1954–1960, September 2012
How to Cite
COPPOLA, A., TAGLIAFERRI, A. and FRANCHINI, M. (2012), Searching for the role of primary prophylaxis in preventing inhibitor development in hemophilia A. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 10: 1954–1960. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-7836.2012.04840.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 JUL 2012 02:41PM EST
- Received 26 April 2012; accepted 22 June 2012
- 6The danger model: a renewed sense of self. Science 2002; 8: 76–82..
- 15Low incidence of factor VIII inhibitors in previously untreated patients during prophylaxis, on-demand treatment and surgical procedures, with Octanate: interim report from an ongoing prospective clinical study. Haemophilia 2011; 17: 399–406., , , .
- 21RAHF-PFM Clinical Study Group. Clinical evaluation of an advanced category antihaemophilic factor prepared using a plasma/albumin-free method: pharmacokinetics, efficacy, and safety in previously treated patients with haemophilia A. Haemophilia 2004; 10: 428–37., , , , , , , , , , , ; ;
- 22The ReFacto St. Louis Study Group. A postmarketing surveillance study of the safety and efficacy of ReFacto (St Louis-derived active substance) in patients with haemophilia A. Haemophilia 2005; 11: 444–51., , , , , ;
- 24Association of Hemophilia Clinic Directors of Canada Prophylaxis Study Group. Tailored prophylaxis in severe hemophilia A: interim results from the first 5 years of the Canadian hemophilia primary prophylaxis study. J Thromb Haemost 2006; 4: 1228–36., , , , , , , , , , , , , ;
- 27for the rAHF-PFM Clinical Study Group. Plasma and albumin-free recombinant factor VIII: pharmacokinetics, efficacy and safety in previously treated pediatric patients. J Thromb Haemost 2008; 6: 1319–26., , , , , , , ,
- 31Clinical evaluation of moroctocog alfa (AF-CC), a new generation of B-domain deleted recombinant factor VIII (BDDrFVIII) for treatment of haemophilia A: demonstration of safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic equivalence to full-length recombinant factor VIII. Haemophilia 2009; 15: 869–80., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 32Efficacy and safety of secondary prophylactic vs. on-demand sucrose-formulated recombinant factor VIII treatment in adults with severe hemophilia A: results from a 13-month crossover study. J Thromb Haemost 2010; 8: 83–9., , , , .
- 33Postauthorization safety surveillance of ADVATE [antihaemophilic factor (recombinant), plasma/albumin-free method] demonstrates efficacy, safety and low-risk for immunogenicity in routine clinical practice. Haemophilia 2010; 16: 866–77., , , , , , , , .
- 34Low risk of inhibitor formation in haemophilia A patients following en masse switch in treatment to a third generation full length plasma and albumin-free recombinant factor VIII product (ADVATE). Haemophilia 2011; 17: 407–11., , , , , , , , , .
- 38Factor VIII prophylaxis and inhibitor development in previously untreated patients with severe hemophilia A: the RODIN Study. Haemophilia 2012; 18(Suppl 1): 3–4 (abstract)., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .