An earlier version of this paper was presented at the Society for Risk Analysis Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., October 31–November 4,1988. Critical comments by Roger Kasperson, James F. Short, Jr., and Chip Clarke improved this manuscript considerably. Partial funding was provided by the Safety Division of the National Park Service.
Desired Risk: Broadening the Social Amplification of Risk Framework1
Article first published online: 29 MAY 2006
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 161–168, March 1990
How to Cite
Machlis, G. E. and Rosa, E. A. (1990), Desired Risk: Broadening the Social Amplification of Risk Framework. Risk Analysis, 10: 161–168. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6924.1990.tb01030.x
- Issue published online: 29 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 29 MAY 2006
- Received February 1, 1989; revised June 28, 1989
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!