Risk Management in a Developing Country Context: Improving Decisions About Point-of-Use Water Treatment Among the Rural Poor in Africa
Article first published online: 29 AUG 2011
© 2011 Society for Risk Analysis
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 67–80, January 2012
How to Cite
Arvai, J. and Post, K. (2012), Risk Management in a Developing Country Context: Improving Decisions About Point-of-Use Water Treatment Among the Rural Poor in Africa. Risk Analysis, 32: 67–80. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6924.2011.01675.x
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 29 AUG 2011
- 2UNICEF/WHO. Diarrhoea: Why Children Are Still Dying and What Can Be Done. New York : United Nations Children's Fund and the World Health Organization, 2009.
- 3World Health Organization. World Health Report 2002: Reducing Risks, Promoting Healthy Life. Geneva , Switzerland : World Health Organization, 2002.
- 4World Health Organization. World Health Report 1999: Making a Difference. Geneva , Switzerland : World Health Organization, 1999.
- 5Demographic change and economic growth: The role of cumulative causality. Pp. 165–198 in Birdsall N, Kelley AC, Sinding S, (eds). Population Does Matter: Demography, Growth, and Poverty in the Developing World. New York : Oxford University Press, 2001., .
- 6World Health Organization. Meeting the MDG drinking water & sanitation target: A mid-term assessment of progress. A Report of the WHO-UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme for Water Supply and Sanitation. Geneva , Switzerland : World Health Organization, 2004.
- 11Scaling up Household Water Treatment Among Low-Income Populations. Geneva , Switzerland : World Health Organization, 2009..
- 12Decision Sciences: An Integrative Perspective. New York : Cambridge University Press, 1993., , .
- 13Smart Choices: A Practical Guide to Making Better Decisions. Cambridge , MA : Harvard Business School Press, 1999., , .
- 16Value-focused thinking for environmental risk consultations. Research in Social Problems and Public Policy, 2001; 9:249–275., , .
- 21Structured decision-making to link climate change and sustainable development. Climate Policy, 2007; 7:353–370., .
- 25Making Hard Decisions: An Introduction to Decision Analysis. Boston , MA : PWS-Kent Publishing Co., 1996..