I would like to thank Robert Hoyt, Steven Pottier, David Eckles, Thomas Berry-Stoelzle, James Hilliard, and two anonymous referees. In addition, I thank seminar participants at Temple University, Missouri State University, Saint Joseph's University, and the 2008 Southern Risk and Insurance Association.
Managerial Discretion and Corporate Governance in Publicly Traded Firms: Evidence From the Property–Liability Insurance Industry
Article first published online: 25 APR 2011
© The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2011
Journal of Risk and Insurance
Volume 78, Issue 3, pages 731–760, September 2011
How to Cite
Miller, S. M. (2011), Managerial Discretion and Corporate Governance in Publicly Traded Firms: Evidence From the Property–Liability Insurance Industry. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 78: 731–760. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6975.2011.01415.x
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 25 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!