The authors can be contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, respectively. Lakdawalla thanks the RAND Corporation’s Center for Terrorism Risk Management and Policy for their financial support. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the Federal Reserve System, the RAND Corporation, Georgia State University, the University of Southern California, or the RAND Center for Terrorism Risk Management and Policy. We thank Robert Craig, Ken Garbade, Robert M. Hall, Thomas Holzheu, Stewart C. Myers, Daniel Pu Liu, Kjell Sumegi, and seminar participants at the 2006 NBER Insurance Project Workshop, the University of Illinois, Georgia State University, the University of Wisconsin, the University of South Carolina, the 2006 Risk Theory Seminar, the 2007 Infiniti Conference, and the 2007 EFMA Annual Meeting for helpful comments and discussions. We thank Michael Suher for research assistance.
Catastrophe Bonds, Reinsurance, and the Optimal Collateralization of Risk Transfer
Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2011
© The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2011
Journal of Risk and Insurance
Volume 79, Issue 2, pages 449–476, June 2012
How to Cite
Lakdawalla, D. and Zanjani, G. (2012), Catastrophe Bonds, Reinsurance, and the Optimal Collateralization of Risk Transfer. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 79: 449–476. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6975.2011.01425.x
- Issue online: 23 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!