The authors would like to thank Richard Butler, Stephen D’Arcy, Richard Derrig, Jed Frees, Cuncun Luan, Richard Phillips, Joan Schmit, Peng Shi, Gerry Suchanek, Yunjie (Winnie) Sun, Emilio Venezian, Mary Weiss, and seminar participants at the University of Nebraska, the 2005 World Risk and Insurance Economics Conference (WRIEC), and the 2006 Risk Theory Society for helpful comments and suggestions. We are also grateful to two anonymous referees for many helpful suggestions. In addition, we would like to thank the Casualty Actuarial Society for selecting an earlier version as the best paper at the 2005 WRIEC. Any remaining errors are the authors’ responsibility.
Property–Liability Insurer Reserve Error: Motive, Manipulation, or Mistake
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2011
© The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2011
Journal of Risk and Insurance
Volume 79, Issue 2, pages 351–380, June 2012
How to Cite
Grace, M. F. and Leverty, J. T. (2012), Property–Liability Insurer Reserve Error: Motive, Manipulation, or Mistake. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 79: 351–380. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6975.2011.01434.x
- Issue published online: 23 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!