Danial P. Asmat is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Business Economics and Public Policy at the University of Michigan. Sharon Tennyson is Associate Professor of Policy Analysis and Management at Cornell University. The authors can be contacted via e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively. The Insurance Research Council (IRC) provided data for the empirical analysis. Useful comments were received from Tom Baker and from seminar participants at Cornell Law School, Georgia State University, Florida State University, Temple University, the World Risk and Insurance Economics Conference, and the ARIA session at the Allied Social Science Association meetings. The authors remain solely responsible for the content of the work.
Does the Threat of Insurer Liability for “Bad Faith” Affect Insurance Settlements?
Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2013
© The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2014
Journal of Risk and Insurance
Volume 81, Issue 1, pages 1–26, March 2014
How to Cite
Asmat, D. P. and Tennyson, S. (2014), Does the Threat of Insurer Liability for “Bad Faith” Affect Insurance Settlements?. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 81: 1–26. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6975.2012.01499.x
- Issue online: 13 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!