Kabir K. Dutta is a Senior Consultant at Charles River Associates in Boston. David F. Babbel is a Fellow of the Wharton Financial Institutions Center, Professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and a Senior Advisor to Charles River Associates. The authors can be contacted via e-mail: Kabir.Dutta.wg97@Wharton.UPenn.edu and Babbel@Wharton.UPenn.edu, respectively. We are grateful to David Hoaglin for painstakingly helping us by editing the article and making many valuable suggestions for improving the statistical content. We also thank Ravi Reddy for providing several valuable insights and for help with the methodological implementation, Ken Swenson for providing guidance from practical and implementation points of view at an early stage of this work, Karl Chernak for many useful suggestions on an earlier draft, and Dave Schramm for valuable help and support at various stages. We found the suggestions of Paul Embrechts, Marius Hofert, and Ilya Rosenfeld very useful in improving the style, content, and accuracy of the method. We also thank seminar participants at the Fields Institute, University of Toronto, American Bankers Association, Canadian Bankers Association, and anonymous referees for their valuable comments and their corrections of errors in earlier versions of article. Any remaining errors are ours. Three referees from the Journal of Risk and Insurance provided thoughtful comments that led us to refine and extend our study, and we have incorporated their language into our presentation in several places. The methodology discussed in this article, particularly in the “Calculation of Implied Probability Distributions” section, in several paragraphs of the “Economic Evaluation of Scenarios: The Change of Measure” section, and in the Appendix, is freely available for use with proper citation.
Scenario Analysis in the Measurement of Operational Risk Capital: A Change of Measure Approach
Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
© The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2013
Journal of Risk and Insurance
How to Cite
Dutta, K. K. and Babbel, D. F. (2013), Scenario Analysis in the Measurement of Operational Risk Capital: A Change of Measure Approach. Journal of Risk and Insurance. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6975.2012.01506.x
- Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!