Kabir K. Dutta is a Senior Consultant at Charles River Associates in Boston. David F. Babbel is a Fellow of the Wharton Financial Institutions Center, Professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and a Senior Advisor to Charles River Associates. The authors can be contacted via e-mail: Kabir.Dutta.wg97@Wharton.UPenn.edu and Babbel@Wharton.UPenn.edu, respectively. We are grateful to David Hoaglin for painstakingly helping us by editing the article and making many valuable suggestions for improving the statistical content. We also thank Ravi Reddy for providing several valuable insights and for help with the methodological implementation, Ken Swenson for providing guidance from practical and implementation points of view at an early stage of this work, Karl Chernak for many useful suggestions on an earlier draft, and Dave Schramm for valuable help and support at various stages. We found the suggestions of Paul Embrechts, Marius Hofert, and Ilya Rosenfeld very useful in improving the style, content, and accuracy of the method. We also thank seminar participants at the Fields Institute, University of Toronto, American Bankers Association, Canadian Bankers Association, and anonymous referees for their valuable comments and their corrections of errors in earlier versions of article. Any remaining errors are ours. Three referees from the Journal of Risk and Insurance provided thoughtful comments that led us to refine and extend our study, and we have incorporated their language into our presentation in several places. The methodology discussed in this article, particularly in the “Calculation of Implied Probability Distributions” section, in several paragraphs of the “Economic Evaluation of Scenarios: The Change of Measure” section, and in the Appendix, is freely available for use with proper citation.
Scenario Analysis in the Measurement of Operational Risk Capital: A Change of Measure Approach
Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2013
© The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2013
Journal of Risk and Insurance
Volume 81, Issue 2, pages 303–334, June 2014
How to Cite
Dutta, K. K. and Babbel, D. F. (2014), Scenario Analysis in the Measurement of Operational Risk Capital: A Change of Measure Approach. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 81: 303–334. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6975.2012.01506.x
- Issue online: 16 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!