The field work on which this paper is based was supported by a Fellowship from the Cornell Social Science Research Center. For a critical reading of the paper I am grateful to Jane M. Hughes, Alexander H. Leighton, Robert B. MacLeod, Robert J. Smith, and Robin M. Williams, Jr. An earlier version of the paper was read at the Ninth Alaska Science Conference held at Fairbanks, Alaska, September, 1958.
The Patterning of Recent Cultural Change in a Siberian Eskimo Village1
Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
1958 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 25–35, Fall 1958
How to Cite
Hughes, C. C. (1958), The Patterning of Recent Cultural Change in a Siberian Eskimo Village. Journal of Social Issues, 14: 25–35. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1958.tb01424.x
- Issue online: 14 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!