This essay was the 1968 winner of the first annual Gordon Allport Intergroup Relations Prize, made possible by the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith and awarded by SPSSI. The paper is a slightly revised version of a contribution to a symposium on the Biosocial Aspects of Race which was organized by the Eugenics Society and held in London in September, 1968. The symposium was published in July, 1969 as Supplement No. 1 to the Journal of Biosocial Science.
Cognitive Aspects of Prejudice1
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1969 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 25, Issue 4, pages 79–97, Autumn 1969
How to Cite
Tajfel, H. (1969), Cognitive Aspects of Prejudice. Journal of Social Issues, 25: 79–97. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1969.tb00620.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!