Preparation of this paper was supported by National Science Foundation Grant GS-2773. An expression of gratitude is owed to my research associates, especially Madeline Heilman, Susan Hodgson, Stella Manne, Hugo Masor, Elizabeth Seigel, and Kenneth Sole, and to my friend and colleague, Morton Deutsch. Through these past few years, their patient guidance and assistance has added immeasurable quality to the experimental and theoretical work reported in this paper.
Promotive Tension: The Basis of Prosocial Behavior from a Lewinian Perspective1
Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
1972 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 191–218, Summer 1972
How to Cite
Hornstein, H. A. (1972), Promotive Tension: The Basis of Prosocial Behavior from a Lewinian Perspective. Journal of Social Issues, 28: 191–218. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1972.tb00039.x
- Issue online: 14 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!