The authors wish to thank Professor Thomas J. Scheff for his helpful comments on the paper, the California State Department of Mental Hygiene and the Asian American Studies Center at UCLA for their support.
Mental Illness among the Chinese: Myth or Reality?1
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1973 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 149–166, Spring 1973
How to Cite
Berk, B. B. and Hirata, L. C. (1973), Mental Illness among the Chinese: Myth or Reality?. Journal of Social Issues, 29: 149–166. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1973.tb00078.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!