The data reported in this paper were produced under a contract between the Commission on Obscenity and Pornography and Response Analysis Corporation and the Institute for Survey Research, Temple University. The indebtedness of the present paper to two initial reports of this research (Abelson, Cohen, Heaton, & Suder, 1971; and LoSciuto, Spector, Michels, & Jenne, 1971) will be obvious to anyone familar with them. Nevertheless, the tables in this paper present somewhat different analyses of the data in most instances. The authors gratefully acknowledge the massive contribution of the staffs of Response Analysis Corporation and the Institute for Survey Research and the members and staff of the Commission on Obscenity and Pornography, but assume responsibility for the content of this particular report of the research.
Experience with and Attitudes toward Explicit Sexual Materials1
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1973 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 19–39, Summer 1973
How to Cite
Wilson, W. C. and Abelson, H. I. (1973), Experience with and Attitudes toward Explicit Sexual Materials. Journal of Social Issues, 29: 19–39. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1973.tb00086.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!