The data reported in this paper were produced under a contract between the Commission on Obscenity and Pornography and Response Analysis Corporation and the Institute for Survey Research, Temple University. The indebtedness of the present paper to two initial reports of this research (Abelson, Cohen, Heaton, & Suder, 1971; and LoSciuto, Spector, Michels, & Jenne, 1971) will be obvious to anyone familar with them. Nevertheless, the tables in this paper present somewhat different analyses of the data in most instances. The authors gratefully acknowledge the massive contribution of the staffs of Response Analysis Corporation and the Institute for Survey Research and the members and staff of the Commission on Obscenity and Pornography, but assume responsibility for the content of this particular report of the research.
Experience with and Attitudes toward Explicit Sexual Materials1
Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
1973 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 19–39, Summer 1973
How to Cite
Wilson, W. C. and Abelson, H. I. (1973), Experience with and Attitudes toward Explicit Sexual Materials. Journal of Social Issues, 29: 19–39. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1973.tb00086.x
- Issue online: 14 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!