GLEN H. ELDER, JR., is Howard W. Odum Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Research Professor of Psychology at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. After completing his doctorate at Chapel Hill, he served on the faculties of the University of California at Berkeley and Cornell University. With a Senior Scientist Award from NIMH, he is continuing his longitudinal research on social change in the life course and mental health.
Economic Stress in Lives: Developmental Perspectives
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1988 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 25–45, Winter 1988
How to Cite
Elder, G. H. and Caspi, A. (1988), Economic Stress in Lives: Developmental Perspectives. Journal of Social Issues, 44: 25–45. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1988.tb02090.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!