SHAWN M. BURN received her Ph.D. from Claremont Graduate School in 1988, and teaches social and environmental psychology at California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo. She has designed interventions to increase ecologically responsible behavior, and has conducted research on the relationship between stress, job autonomy, and political activity. She is currently conducting a study on learned helplessness and the homeless.
Ingroup Biases and the U.S.-Soviet Conflict
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1989 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 45, Issue 2, pages 73–89, Summer 1989
How to Cite
Burn, S. M. and Oskamp, S. (1989), Ingroup Biases and the U.S.-Soviet Conflict. Journal of Social Issues, 45: 73–89. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1989.tb01543.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!