LINDA A. JACKSON is Associate Professor of Psychology at Michigan State University. Her research focuses on how social stereotypes (e.g., of gender, race, and physical appearance) influence person perception, and on the cognitive and affective components of stereotypes. In her forthcoming book, Physical Appearance and Gender, she illustrates the importance of considering gender in understanding social psychological phenomena.
Relative Deprivation and the Gender Wage Gap
Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
1989 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 45, Issue 4, pages 117–134, Winter 1989
How to Cite
Jackson, L. A. (1989), Relative Deprivation and the Gender Wage Gap. Journal of Social Issues, 45: 117–134. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1989.tb02363.x
- Issue online: 14 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!